To my SWEAT peeps...
Hi Family! By the time you read this, I will have taught 75 minutes of cardio in, had my coffee and planned the goals I must achieve today and the 3 goals I must achieve this week. I've created a rough draft of the steps I need to take to reach these goals this week and will polish them up after I test Heather out as our first finalist for JANUS 2018. I've been talking to you as clear as I can regarding getting up 30 minutes earlier each day (or even 15) to set goals for yourself for that day and to reflect on 3-4 things you are most grateful for. Gratitude and Goals. Every damn day! Make it your focus.
I am really looking forward to some new things coming to SWEAT.....new trainers coming on board, new instructors, new products to enhance your efforts and hard work at being badasses, and some new fun pieces of equipment that I know you are going to love!!! I'm going to keep it a secret though until they get here.
Make the most of your day. Be productive!
Let's catch up on SWEAT news.....
We have another new family member joining our team!!!!! JoAnn Fenick is coming on board as an instructor and will be bringing her badassary to SWEAT! JoAnn just moved here from Sarasota so be sure to give her a big Orlando and SWEAT welcome. She may be new to the area, but she isn't new to the fitness world. She's been teaching and personal training for over 15 years. Fitness is her passion and she loves to inspire, motivate and change peoples lives. She has 3 amazing daughters in college and she is eager to bring her skills to our family. For now, you will be seeing her on Monday's at 6:00 am bringing Boot Camp back starting November 12 and SPIN will go back to SPIN60, and then again on Tuesday nights at 6:00 pm SYAO starting this week.
Ki has been on the bike Wednesday nights at 5:30 pm. She's getting very positive feedback! "Ki did a great job. Good mix of speed intervals and climbs. And, of course, the mostly rock music was great." Please join her. She wants to learn and grow! You can sign up on MB just like you do for any other class.
I want to make you aware that it is that time of year when viruses make their way through the schools which sometimes effects moms and dads. We have our first virus traveling around so please take EXTRA measures to sanitize yourselves as well as the equipment you use. Wash to your elbows. Keep your hands off your face. Take your shots of wheatgrass 2 oz. each morning early before food. Eat a handful of fermented veggies each day. And, take a tablespoon or two of a powerful probiotic everyday. These should all be the staples.
Our "Hold it for the Holidays" challenge starts in only 2 short weeks. The goal at hand is to not gain one pound of fat during the Holidays. The people of SWEAT are not average and I do not expect our people to become a statistic for the characteristic weight gain that usually takes place. This challenge is for those that want to make a commitment to themselves and to all the hard work they put in the other months of the year.
It's $100 to enter. If you accomplish the goal at hand, you receive your $100 back! If you do not, your entry fee goes into a pot that the person with the most fat lost at the end will win. In addition, the person who loses the most amount of fat will receive a grand prize basket of goodies, which will include Nutrition Dynamics products, $200 SWEAT bucks, massage gift certificate, remaining money in pot and more. Text to get signed up.
Fun with Food: Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili
- 1.5 lbs lean ground turkey meat
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounce jar diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups broth, or stock (anything works here! Beef bone broth, vegetable stock; whatever you have on hand)
- 2 Tbsps organic tomato paste
- 15 oz chickpeas, ready-to-eat, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz black beans, ready-to-eat, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Cannellini, OR red/kidney beans, ready-to-eat, drained and rinsed
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 4.5-5 oz jar chopped chilies (mild-med-OR hot…your choice!)
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sliced red onion
- fresh chopped cilantro
- shredded cheddar
- diced avocado
- Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in large saute pan to medium high-heat.
- Add in turkey and diced onion, then cook for 5 minutes, stirring and breaking the meat with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Stir in garlic, paprika, and cumin and cook for about 1 minute more, until fragrant.
- Transfer the meat to your slow cooker. Add in the beans, bell peppers, chilies, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and broth.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 8-10. (I prefer the LOW setting if time allows)
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
We beat up our bodies daily, both mentally and physically, and we all need to repair and heal from the inside out. Whether it's a tough workout, mental stress, fatigue, muscle soreness, lack of energy, our bodies need the proper nutrition to fuel and combat the stressors placed on it. I am a firm believer in supplementing with targeted and specific protocols to relieve any ailments and create an internal environment for your body to flourish. This protocol you see above is considered the foundation of nutrition that everyone should be doing. It will maximize muscle building, absorption of food/supplements, and reduce overall stress to your body.
- 1 scoop of the NutriDyn Fruits and Greens with your pre and post shake.
- 2 capsules twice daily of Omega Pure Citrus
- 1/2 scoop daily of Probiotic Pro
- 1 D3 5000 with vitamin K2 daily
These products will be in the cage next week so be sure to grab yours!!
As you move into your new week tomorrow, keep in mind a few things that I have written on my mirror in my bathroom:
- Show up no matter!
- Make decisions within the 5 second rule: 5-4-3-2-1 make the move!
- Give more than you take.
- Never quit no matter what.
- Say yes more than you say no.
- Better to do something than nothing.
- Don't be afraid to commit. You can figure the details out later.
- Demand more from yourself than anyone else.
I love you guys. I really do. I hope your week fucking rocks and if I can do anything at all to help it be that way, ask me. Don't hesitate. 5-4-3-2-1 ask!