Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
September 13 marks the return of in-person worship and greater access to Holy Communion!
Service of Quiet Communion — 8 am Sunday Morning
At 8 am, we will have Quiet Communion.
This is the same service we had been using previously. It is a contemplative service with no singing or music. There are periods of silence, prayer, scripture, sermon and the celebration of Holy Communion.
- This service will be limited to a total of 50 people (counting worship leaders).
- You will need to sign up each week for the in-person service following the link emailed to you later this morning.
- We are asking that you wear face coverings while in the building.
- Hand sanitizer and temperature checks will be provided at both the Narthex door and the downstairs door.
- Bulletins will be on the Usher table (and returned to the recycle bin following worship).
- We will commune one section at a time. Approach the Pastor via the center aisle and then return to your seat. Individual seats are marked with a sticker. These stickers are spaced six feet apart. If family units are seated together, please allow six feet of distance between the "outside" family member in the group and the next worshiper. We will be seated in every other row. Sounds complicated, but I hope we will fill the allowable space naturally.
- At the end of the service, we will dismiss by sections. The idea is to allow movement without creating a group of people. We want you to be able to enter and exit the building in an orderly, spaced fashion.
Livestream with Parking Lot Option — 10:30 am Sunday Morning
At 10:30 am, we continue to livestream via Facebook but are now offering an additional option, though not in the Sanctuary, and we will change the livestream service to the full Communion liturgy — the Haugen service of Holy Communion.
- The service will be broadcast via FM Transmitter (87.9 FM) so you can listen from your vehicle along with your brothers and sisters! We checked both the Transmitter and the wi-fi. Coverage is over all of the lower lot.
- We are asking that you park in the lower (back) parking lot only.
- The building will be open should you need to use the restroom (one at a time) before your return voyage.
- No printed bulletin will be available — we are asking that you use your phone or tablet to view the bulletin.
- Once the service concludes, I will bring communion outside.
For good weather:
Exit your car and line up on the sidewalk in front of the awning (distancing spaces will be marked on the pavement). Then return to your car down the wide center walkway. Proceed out of the parking lot toward the traffic light.
Should the weather be bad (we'll make an announcement at end of service):
Please drive up beside the labyrinth and turn right into the upper (front) lot and proceed to the end of the covered walk. I will come to your car. Then proceed out of the parking lot toward the traffic light.
I hope this makes sense. As always, if you have questions, please contact the office: (615) 824-6244 or by email: click HERE or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rev. Lewis A. Groce
Pastor, St. Timothy Lutheran Church