To Our Valued RCA Members,
RCA is celebrating our 25th anniversary this year, and we’ve come a long way as an organization and in the advancement of Culinology in food product development. This year, we are marked with both challenges and opportunities in ways never previously experienced.
We’ve risen to the challenges that COVID-19 and the economic downturn have presented this year to manage a significant loss of revenue and adapt ways to best serve you — our valued members — and the organization for years to come. After all, as a group of innovators who never settles for the hand we’re dealt, we’re committed to RCA continuing to be a thriving organization for the next 25 years to come. Here are just a few of the ways we’ve risen to challenges this year:
- Launched the fully virtual RCA Powered Up event in less than 60 days, which exceeded our revenue target and drew over 330 registered attendees.
- Secured the ongoing support of more than 100 exhibitors from 2020 to re-invest into our 2021 conference while also implementing a multi-pronged program to pivot attendee revenue.
- Lessened 2020 conference losses through a complex forced majeure claim and a federal disaster relief grant — all with the help of pro-bono lawyers to save money.
- Pulled together with increased touchpoints among RCA leaders, including weekly Executive Committee meetings and monthly board meetings to aggressively manage through the challenges.
- Relied on the energy and expertise of our volunteers even more to offset reduced staffing and bring forward innovative ideas to fight for the health of the organization.
I am proud of all that has been accomplished, and yet there is much more for us to do to support RCA in its 25th anniversary year and stabilize the organization’s financial health.
This is where you come in...
We are now focusing inward to our most valued asset – our incredible RCA community – to support RCA and ensure its future. My ask is for those able and willing to raise your hands and step forward to:
- Support us financially,
- Share ideas and insights and
- Be vocal influencers representing our organization – whether using social media or personal outreach.
Your investment of time, money and influence will help us support this incredible community and innovate in the following ways:
Expand on Membership and Brand Reach:
- Secure 2,100 members in 2021
- Launch of RCA in Southeast Asia at Food Hotel Asian and Thaifex
- Hold Joint Culinology Immersion Session at Taylors University
- New brand oversight to drive incremental messaging to new and current members
Improve Member Value:
- Develop a newly envisioned conference for 2021
- Increase the number of regional events
- Hold a hands-on immersion event in Italy
- Launch the “Career Clarity: Professional Career and Leadership Development Program”
- Redesign and re-launch of new, cutting-edge digital platform
I am asking for you to come forward and support the RCA at our most critical time and ensure another 25 years of innovation. In the next few weeks, I’ll bring more exciting news regarding our 25th anniversary and plans for 2021. You have invested in RCA for a reason, and we are looking to you to help us maintain value.
Are you willing to support RCA’s future?
Justin Kanthak, CCS®, CRC®
President, RCA Board of Directors
Segment Director: Snacks, Griffith Foods Inc.