New ‘Top Docs’ addresses legal aspects of health care fraud & abuse
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses health care fraud and abuse and what steps physicians and allied professionals can take to avoid becoming the subject of a government investigation – and it features Scott Grubman, who is a partner with the law firm of Chilivis Grubman Dalbey & Warner LLP in Atlanta.
– Important health care fraud and abuse statutes and regulations
– How physicians wind up on the government’s radar screen, and how they can avoid getting there
– How COVID-19 has affected health care fraud and abuse enforcement
– How health care fraud and abuse enforcement will change under the Biden administration
– The government’s health care fraud and abuse priorities
– What types of health care providers are more prone to government investigations
– What kind of scrutiny physicians who receive CARES Act relief funds could face going forward
– What a physician should do if they are contacted by government agents or fraud investigators
– Whether professional liability insurance covers government investigations
Grubman represents a wide range of health care professionals who are the subject of a federal government investigation, including False Claims Act litigation and matters related to regulatory compliance. Before he went into private practice, Grubman prosecuted health care fraud for the U.S. Department of Justice. It is also worth noting that Grubman is an adjunct professor at the law schools at Georgia State University and Emory University.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 1.8 million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won four awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and two Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Awards.
The MAG Insurance Agency sponsors the ‘Top Docs’ show. MAG and MedPro Group – the nation’s largest and highest-rated health care liability insurance carrier – offer an industry-leading medical malpractice solution for physicians in Georgia. Click here for details and to get a quote on a MedPro policy, keeping in mind that MAG members qualify for a MAG premium credit. Contact Ryan Larosa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and are not necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.