Dear ECELP Parents and Families,
We had a GREAT first day – the children were excited to see their teachers and the teachers were thrilled to see your children – we missed everyone while we were closed!
Per the Governor's and LSU's announcements yesterday postponing Phase 3, we are remaining in Phase 2. We are adhering to CDC and licensing guidelines, and we need your assistance in keeping everyone safe during carpool. We have established 3 lanes to: 1) keep things moving and 2) to also minimize your child’s contact with multiple people.
As a reminder, please note the following procedure for Carpool:
- Please prominently post the sign indicating your child’s name and classroom (If you do not have one, please contact Cynthia M D'Amico email@example.com ) This allows us to call your child’s teacher to meet him/her in the lobby, which keeps the line moving.
- It is critical that you adhere to the assigned lanes for each age group; there is signage indicating each lane. We have assigned one staff member per age group to avoid cross contamination across age groups.
- LANE 1: Infants | The infant car line is closest to the building. One staff member has been assigned to the infant lane. This is to avoid cross contamination across age groups.
- LANE 2: Toddlers | The middle car line is for toddlers. One staff member has been assigned to the toddler lane. This is to avoid cross contamination across age groups.
- LANE 3: Preschool | The lane furthest from the building is for preschool. One staff member has been assigned to the preschool lane. This is to avoid cross contamination across age groups.
- My family has more than one age group | NOTE: If you have multiple children, please go to the car lane for the youngest child.
- Under no circumstances should you walk your child to the building. Please remain in your car until you are under the covered area. We know this is an exercise in patience, but it is to help us to keep everyone safe during this time. With practice, we anticipate this system will get quicker.
We thank you for entrusting us with your child’s care and consider it a privilege to serve you.
Cynthia DiCarlo, PhD
This email list was generated from FACTS; if you find that someone is missing from this email, or this is not your preferred email, please contact Celeste Smith and give her your preferred email address.