Medicaid, PCS, and the COVID-19 Pandemic
A detailed Medicaid Bulletin is forthcoming, but steps are being taken to support providers and beneficiaries at this time.
- Face-to-Face Assessments - All face-to-face assessments from Liberty Healthcare (LHC) are cancelled.
- Annual Assessments - For beneficiaries due for their annual assessment, prior authorization (PA) will be extended for 90 days. Face-to-face assessments will be scheduled at a later date.
- Initial Requests - Beneficiaries may continue to submit initial requests Personal Care Services; LHC will conduct a mini-assessment by phone with the beneficiary or legally responsible person and beneficiary may receive up to 80 hours. The questions asked on the mini-assessment are those currently used for expedited requests.
- Change of Status (COS) Assessments - Beneficiaries and providers may continue to submit COS requests. LHC will process and conduct an assessment by phone. LHC will then walk the beneficiary through the assessment and complete the COS. This will allow those who have a change in condition to receive the support needed.
- Expedited Requests – Expedited requests from beneficiaries in the process of being discharged from a hospital or Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), under Adult Protective Services, or are served through transition to community living (TCLI) will process as normal; however, LHC will work to process in one business day instead of two.
NC Medicaid has received several questions regarding supervisory visits, errands, and other program allowances that will be addressed in the next Medicaid Bulletin. Please feel free to send questions and policy-related COVID-19 questions to Medicaid.COVID19@dhhs.nc.gov.
North Carolina Assisted Living Association