The Montana State University's Norm Asbjornson Hall, named in honor of AAON CEO Norm Asbjornson, opened in December with all the well deserved pomp and circumstance. The hall's defining features include:
- 110,000-square-foot building
- Nine classrooms, 17 laboratories and a lecture theater seating 300 called Inspiration Hall.
- Certified LEED platinum
- Closed-loop geothermal system that circulates water through pipes to a depth of 500 feet
- Lights that automatically adjust according to daylight levels
- Special windows that change tint to reduce glare and unwanted heat from the sun