5 tips towards helping your child stay safe online
1. Prioritise Safety - teach children not to give out personal information, like their name, address, telephone number, or which school they go to.
2. Set Parental Controls - agree a list of websites your child is allowed to visit, and remember to check the minimum age limit on services like Facebook and YouTube.
3. Discuss Their Activity - take an interest in their online world. Talk to them about their favourite websites, videos, and their online friends.
4. Set Boundaries - establish time limits for activities such as using the internet and games consoles. Make sure to set aside time for “unplugged” family activity.
5. Be Open - let them know that they can tell you about anything that happens on the internet, and that you’ll listen without judgement.