New Year, New Waterwise Goals!
Happy New Year from all of us at the Waterwise Community Center! The New Year encourages us to set new goals. A good way to get started is to set your goals in a visual way on a board or poster. Repurpose old magazines, newspapers, sticky notes and start plotting goals for the new year.
Need help thinking of goals for 2022? Water conservation goals are a perfect way to begin. Check out some from the Waterwise Community Center.
- Eat outside as often as possible: A great place is our Waterwise Demonstration Garden.
- Build a compost bin: Reduce waste while also providing rich nutrients to your garden.
- Add succulents to your garden: Waterwise and native plants use a fraction of the water a lawn requires.
- Replace old bulbs with LED's: Turning off lights and reducing our energy usage helps reduce climate change and our impact on the water cycle.
- Redesign your front or backyard: Rethink all that lawn. Learn how at our Landscape Design Assistance Program.
- Attend a waterwise workshop: Visit our upcoming online and in-person workshops.
Get inspired and get going on your water conservation goals with all the information you need from the Waterwise Community Center!