With less than three weeks until the election, and a stalemate in Washington over an additional economic stimulus bill, a new survey commissioned by AHLA shows that Americans strongly support Congress remaining in session until an agreement can be reached.
The new survey comes on the heels of an announcement this morning by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announcing that the Senate will vote on new funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) sometime next week.
Key findings of the survey include:
- Voters name travel and tourism as the industry most affected by the economic downturn caused by COVID-19
- 93 percent of voters are concerned about the effects of COVID-19 on small businesses
- 90 percent support Congress passing an economic stimulus bill to support small businesses and protect jobs
- 89 percent say Congress should remain in session until reaching an agreement
- We will continue advancing our message that Congress must come together to help the most affected small businesses and employees to survive this crisis.
Contact Congress today and urge them to pass COVID-19 relief immediately.