August 26, 2020
With the semester now underway, I want to make sure you have the most up-to-date information about our COVID-19 dashboard and available COVID-19 testing options on campus.
The original dashboard included testing totals for Ball State students and employees who have been tested for COVID-19 through our partnership with IU Health. The information was updated as we received data from IU Health. Now that classes have started, IU Health is providing testing seven days a week so you will see those additional testing results reflected in the daily totals.
In addition, we will now provide numbers that we receive from other sources, primarily self-reports. Both dashboards will be updated on a daily basis and you can find them here. You will also find a set of FAQs that will help answer questions you may have about the numbers and testing.
Please keep in mind by filing the self-report, individuals notified the University of their absence from campus due to their positive test result. Some of the students who self-reported have not arrived on campus because they tested positive before classes started. Others who have tested positive are following the recommended protocols for isolation.
In light of this information, it is important that students are aware of the testing options available on campus. Here are some options:
If your health care provider determines that you are symptomatic for COVID-19, you may be tested through the IU Health partnership. Testing appointments are available 7 days a week and you can begin the process by accessing the symptom checker by starting at this website: https://iuhealth.org/covid19.
However, if you have been advised to be tested and you currently do not have symptoms for COVID-19, there are other testing options available:
- The state of Indiana provides a list of testing options. You can find that information here: https://www.coronavirus.in.gov/2524.htm. Be sure to contact the testing site before you go to make sure you meet the criteria for testing.
- Now that the semester has started, the University is working to provide additional testing options on campus, including a walk-in testing option. The appointments are first come, first serve and will be available for Ball State University students at Scheumann Stadium on the following days:
- Saturday, August 29: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, August 30: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 31: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 1: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 2: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, September 3: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 4: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 5: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
As more information becomes available, we will continue to update the dashboard FAQs.
All of this reminds us what it is to live the Cardinals Cares Pledge to care for ourselves, for our fellow Cardinals, and for our community. If everyone commits to the pledge, we can surmount these challenges together.