PA Campus/Community Risk Level for Week of October 12, 2020: RED/ORANGE
- Public health guiding principles: Campus, town, county, state data.
o Campus community members in isolation = 0
o Number of new positive test results = 0
o Campus testing positivity rate = 0.034%
o The town of Andover’s COVID-19 rate is stable from last week, and the risk level has remained at yellow.
o Massachusetts positive test rate increased slightly from last week to 3.7% this week.
Influenza vaccine: Students who registered October 10-11 with cohort 2 will receive the seasonal influenza vaccine with their COVID-19 test appointment this Thursday/Friday.
- If you have received the influenza vaccine at home, please update immunization records in Medicat or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Testing Update:
- We have increased our testing frequency to twice per week. This is required for any student who is registered and accessing campus.
- Monday: ALL STUDENTS
o Last name starts with A-M: Come anytime between 11am-12pm
o Last name starts with N-Z: Come anytime between 12pm-1pm
o This test will be using saliva collected in an individual tube. Instructions will be given. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Thursday/Friday: ALL STUDENTS
o You will have a weekly day/time to test for the rest of the term. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Daily Symptom Screen Reminder:
- Please complete symptom tracker daily in Medicat.
- For our newest cohort 2 students in quarantine, you do NOT need to answer yes to the question about travel while you are in quarantine.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues accessing Medicat.
Please also see the COVID-19 Testing Dashboard
for testing data on our campus, updated weekly on Monday. Thank you for your patience, flexibility, and adherence to our public health protocols as we work repopulate campus and strive to keep everyone safe and healthy. Best,
Amy Patel, MD
Medical Director, Phillips Academy