I want to thank everyone for being so receptive to the many communications we have made in the last week. While we had hoped that we wouldn’t be faced with a COVID-19 outbreak, we knew there was a possibility that it would happen. Our administration, COVID case managers, and all of our staff responded swiftly and in the best interest of health and safety.
As a result of these recent events, we would like to remind you of some key aspects of our Health & Safety Plan:
• All students and staff are required to wear a mask while indoors at all times regardless of vaccination status
• Lunch continues to remain in classrooms
• Water fountains remain unavailable; however filtered water is available
• PPE is available and provided to all classrooms
• Porters continue to work throughout the school day to sanitize and disinfect
• Deep cleanings occur at night and after a space is closed due to exposure
We will also begin to implement the following changes:
• Recess and other outdoor activities will be limited to individual classrooms (no co-mingling)
• Reward periods will take place in homerooms with the homeroom cohort
• Staggered transitions will be reinstated through hallways and throughout campus
• Desk shields will be utilized during lunch periods and for students who have difficulty wearing a mask
• Schedules will be modified to minimize co-mingling
Thank you for your continued partnership.
Director of Education
Darren G. Levin, Ph.D.
Director of Clinical Services