Part-time Youth Literacy position available
at the Literacy Council
Exciting news! LCBC recently received a Buncombe County Strategic Partnership grant that will allow us to move the part-time Adult Literacy position to full-time. Currently the Youth Literacy and Adult Literacy programs have shared one director, Rebecca Massey. Rebecca will move to full-time in Adult Literacy in August.
This week we will begin the search for a new half-time Youth Literacy Director. The full position description and application instructions are available on our website at the link below. Please take a look if you are interested in applying, or share it with anyone in the community you feel might be a good match for the organization and the work.
Required qualifications include:
- Experience with Wilson Reading System or other phonics-based literacy program
- Experience as K-8 teacher or tutor
- Experience as a trainer
- Experience working with students with learning disabilities or challenges
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Proficiency with distance learning platforms and online classwork
The detailed position description and application instructions can be found on our website at the following link:
As always, thank you for your continued support.