Ependymoma Awareness Day
Now in its 10th year, this campaign is an international effort from the CERN Foundation and the National Brain Tumor Society in partnership with medical professionals, patients, care partners, and other advocacy groups from around the world. Together, we have designated May 10, 2021 as Ependymoma Awareness Day as a part of Brain Tumor Awareness Month.
The CERN Foundation will commemorate Ependymoma Awareness Day with a live-streamed virtual event that will take place on May 10, 2021 at 1PM EST on the CERN website and Facebook Live. The 30-minute program will feature educational and awareness content from CERN Advisors and Members, clips from previous EAD events, key issues from the ependymoma community, and will conclude with a butterfly release.
Show your support for Gray May your way! On a local level, we urge you to participate in an ependymoma awareness activity, helping to create a greater understanding of the disease.
You can support, empower, and amplify the voice of the brain tumor community in the following ways:
- Register for the 2021 Ependymoma Awareness Day virtual event on May 10 at 1PM EST by emailing email@example.com or join the Facebook event.
- Create your own personal fundraising page for your Ependymoma Awareness Day Event! As an incentive, team leaders that raise over $10,000 by April are eligible to receive their own at-home live butterfly release.
- Support the Ependymoma Fund by purchasing a butterfly! For every donation over $25, a butterfly will be released at the virtual butterfly release in May.
- Get creative with the CERN butterfly coloring page, chalk art, and Hands for Hope activities. Make sure to tag us on your social media with the hashtags #CERNButterfly #epENDymoma #hands4hope #GrayMay #TheGrayscale #GoGrayinMay #BTAM.
- Share information on ependymoma with another person who has never heard of it! Document your awareness efforts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or blog and use the hashtags #CERNButterfly #epENDymoma #hands4hope #GrayMay #TheGrayscale #GoGrayinMay #BTAM.
- Contact your local officials and ask your local government or ministry of health to recognize May 10, 2021 as Ependymoma Awareness Day.
- Tell your medical team about Ependymoma Awareness Day! Forward this email to three of your practicing clinicians or medical providers to raise awareness.
For more ideas, read how others
around the world have commemorated Ependymoma Awareness Day.