New ‘Top Docs’ addresses COVID-19/vaccine hesitancy
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show highlights ways physicians can encourage vaccine-hesitant patients to get vaccinated, and it features MAG members McLean Davies, M.D., and Lee Whitton, M.D. – transition year residents at Northside Hospital Gwinnett.
Drs. Davies and Whitton discuss…
– Vaccine hesitancy
– The most common reasons people don’t get vaccinated
– How physicians can educate their patients about vaccines
– The best time to discuss vaccinations during an exam
– A good sequence of questions to ask vaccine-hesitant patients
– Key points physicians should make when they discuss the need to get vaccinated
– How assertive physicians should be when they encourage their patients to get vaccinated
– What a physician should do when a patient refuses to get vaccinated
– How a practice can handle staff that refuses to get vaccinated
Dr. Davies has a degree in nuclear and radiological engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology and a medical degree from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He will begin a residency in radiology at the University of Pennsylvania next year. He hopes to specialize in vascular and interventional radiology.
Dr. Whitton has a degree in biology from the University of Georgia and a medical degree from the Morehouse University School of Medicine. He will begin a residency in anesthesiology at Emory next year. He hopes to specialize in critical care medicine.
The MAG Insurance Agency sponsors the ‘Top Docs’ show. MAG and MedPro Group – the nation’s largest and highest-rated health care liability insurance carrier – offer an industry-leading medical malpractice solution for physicians in Georgia. Click here for details and to get a quote on a MedPro policy, keeping in mind that MAG members qualify for a MAG premium credit. Contact Ryan Larosa at email@example.com with questions.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.