‘Top Docs’ looks at how to improve wellbeing/resilience during crisis
The latest Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show is a special edition that is sponsored by MAG’s Physician Resilience Task Force – and it addresses strategies that medical practices and health care facilities can employ to improve the wellbeing and resilience of their workforce during a pandemic or other crisis. It features Gerald B. Hickson, M.D., who is the Joseph C. Ross Chair, a professor of pediatrics, and the founding director of the Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.
Dr. Hickson discusses…
– The Vanderbilt Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy’s mission
– His team’s key findings on professionalism, team performance, and team resilience
– Special challenges that health care workers and facilities face during a pandemic or other crisis
– Why “partnerships” are crucial at a medical practice or health care facility
– How physicians and allied professionals can address disrespect in the workplace
– Whether promoting the practice of “sharing observations” can effect sustainable change
– How a practice or a facility can handle staff who cannot or will not change
– His suggestions for physicians and allied health care professionals to create a healthy work environment
– How CEOs, CNOs, and CMOs can promote wellness and resiliency at their practice or facility
In addition to his roles at Vanderbilt, Dr. Hickson serves as the vice chair of the board of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, he is a member of the USC Keck Health System board, and he previously served as the chair of the board of the National Patient Safety Foundation.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than 1.7 million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won three awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and are not necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.