Federal COVID-19 Relief – The American Rescue Plan Act
Today, Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act. The historic $1.9 trillion federal relief bill now heads to President Biden. The bill includes various provisions that will support the tourism industry including some of the following elements:
- $12.7 billion for a national vaccination program.
- $350 billion to state and local governments.
- $3 billion for Economic Development Administration (EDA) grants, with 25% ($750 million) set aside for communities affected by job loss in travel and tourism.
- $8 billion in grants for airports with an $800 million set-aside for airport concessionaires.
- $28.6 billion in grants to support independent restaurants and bars.
As this bill is enacted and resources become available, Travel Oregon will share additional details on these programs through this industry newsletter as well as our COVID-19 Toolkit