When: Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Where: Marian University Stayer Center, 45 S. National Ave., FdL
5:00 - 6:00 pm check-in and set up
6:00 - 7:30 pm Judging and Awards
7:30 - Plant Identification results and comments
1. Cloverbud - Grades K-2
2. Grades 3-5
3. Grades 6-8
4. Grades 9-13
A little information on the Foods Revue for members:
The youth will make a food item from the category listed below using the apple theme. Youth will set one place setting, to include a recipe card for the item made, placemat or tablecloth, and centerpiece. Register in 4-H online under events!
Appetizer, Soup, Salad, Entrée, Dessert, Challenge Dish: use apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats, Food photography of any food, Centerpiece – must use dried or silk plant material.
1. DO NOT bring Food Revue entries to the fair.
2. Any member can make one food entry, one photography entry, and one centerpiece entry in the Foods Revue.
3. Open to ALL youth in our community and 4-H members enrolled in any project.
4. Foods Revue displays shall consist of the food(s), the recipe on a 3”x 5” or 4” x 6” card, a place setting, a placemat or tablecloth, and a centerpiece.
5. Each participant is expected to answer questions pertaining to the project work.
6. Participants may use 4-H project books, favorite family recipes, or recipes from other sources.
7. Garnishes are acceptable and encouraged for all entries.
8. Cloverbuds will receive ribbons; all others will receive premiums and ribbons. Premiums will be on your fair checks that are distributed after the fair. Additional prizes may be also presented as determined by the Foods Revue Committee. Remember to enter this item when you do your online fair entry.
9. All entries must follow the 2021 theme and contain apples in the recipe.
10. All participants are asked to bring at least 25 sample-size portions of their recipe to serve during the Taste of Fond du Lac 4-H portion of the evening. Covers will be available if participants want to take samples home.