As we move to online learning, we realize the transition will be easier for some students more than others. Please encourage your student to reach out to a coach advisor or tutor online. Our services are very much available all semester through new formats: video conferencing, text message, email, and phone.
We also have a few tips for students.
- Encourage them to keep regular hours for classes and assignments.
- Schedule time for social media as a break and a way to connect with their communities.
- Follow @loynosuccess for additional tips and updates from Loyola’s Student Success Center.
Some suggestions as you settle into a new routine with your student at home:
- Make sure they look through all assignments in advance and reach out to professors with questions. (Don’t wait until the due day to get started!)
- Create a dedicated workspace for the school. Set up a desk rather than working from bed. Make to-do lists for the day and week. Use a reward system.
- Then, walk around, get exercise, and relax.
Don’t hesitate to contact us with questions. This Friday, March 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., I am hosting office hours for drop-ins by zoom. Please encourage your students to say hello or connect with questions. Here’s the link. You can always email, call, or text me, Liz Rainey, Executive Director of the Student Success Center.
Executive Director, Pan-American Life Student Success Center
Loyola University New Orleans
Office phone: 504.865.3595
Remote phone and text messages: 504.233.4043
Student appointments: lizrainey.youcanbook.me