Are you moving so fast that you are missing what’s around you? Does it feel like time is passing too quickly? Busyness and the race to do more can wear you down over time. It can also distract you from enjoyable moments like having dinner with your family or coffee with a friend.
Take a break whenever and wherever to turn your attention to the here and now. Try these tips to unhurry yourself:
- Take a few minutes each day to slow down.
- Slow your steps when you walk.
- Move at a leisurely pace.
- Pay attention to your steps.
- Notice how the surface feels under your feet.
- Stop occasionally to focus on where you are and what is happening at the time.
- Notice the sights, smells, sounds and sensations around you.
- Don’t expect something to happen next; just be in the moment.