Gray Television has several changes at both their ABC and NBC affiliates in Fort Wayne. WPTA-TV (Channel 21, Fort Wayne) has the ABC affiliation on their .1 channel and the NBC affiliation on their .2 subchannel.
Tomorrow morning, WPTA will return to their 21Alive branding that they used for 38 years (ending in 2016). Also, Fort Wayne’s NBC early morning local news show (‘Fort Wayne’s NBC Today’) ended Friday October 14. Starting tomorrow morning, the early morning local newscast on 21Alive will also air on Fort Wayne’s NBC -- both weekdays and weekends. Fort Wayne's NBC meteorologist Nikki Pietrus will join 21Alive's early morning news crew: co-anchors Kayla Stewart and Tony Betton, Jr., along with meteorologist Nick Marusiak.
Here’s an update to two WPTA broadcasters that announced they are leaving the station. Fort Wayne's NBC Today co-host Jack Keenan announced that he will become an anchor of the early morning news at Hearst’s KETV-TV in Omaha, Nebraska, starting on Halloween (10/31). ABC21 meteorologist Gabe Prough announced he will join the weather team at Nexstar’s WHO-TV in Des Moines, Iowa.
The Power Foundation and Olivet Nazarene University closed on their station swap. The Power Foundation swapped their WEGN (88.7fm, Kankakee, Illinois) to Olivet Nazarene University in exchange for the CP to WSSZ (88.3fm, Kokomo). Here’s the financial terms: ONU paid $128,000 for WEGN, while The Power Foundation paid $10.00 for the WSSZ CP.
Woof Boom Radio/Muncie newsperson Sidny Grow exits after nearly six years with the cluster.
Let’s fix these two stories: Country/WLHK (97.1fm, Shelbyville) APD/morning co-host Joey Tack exits and joined Cumulus’ WIVK in Knoxville (not Nashville!), Tennessee for mornings. His twin brother Jesse does afternoons at WUBE in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Cumulus’ Country/WFMS (95.5fm, Fishers) welcomes Matt Longhenry as Music Director and Afternoon drive host. Known on-air as ‘Matt Malone,’ he last worked as PD/Mornings for Mid-West Family’s Country/WYTZ (97.5fm, Bridgman, Michigan). Our apologies for the errors.
Over at Nexstar's FOX affiliate WXIN-TV (Channel 59, Indianapolis) and CBS affiliate WTTV-TV (Channel 4, Bloomington)/WTTK-TV (Channel 29, Kokomo), news anchor Alia Blackburn moves from weekend news on ‘CBS4’ to 4pm, 7pm, and 11pm weekday anchor on FOX59, alongside co-anchor Nick McGill.
Circle City Broadcasting's CW affiliate/WISH-TV (Channel 8, Indianapolis) moves Drew Blair from the Daybreak local morning news to leading the midday, breaking, and afternoon newscasts, per her social media posting.
Franklin Township Community School Corp’s high school station WRFT (91.5fm, Indianapolis) now has a new leader: Ross Cooper. Mr. Cooper leads the Franklin Central High School radio station after working for Townsquare Radio in Evansville.
Cumulus/Indianapolis GM Chuck Fredrick exits. Also, at their CHR/WZPL (99.5fm, Greenfield), ‘Crash’ (Ryan Swiger) takes Music Director and Afternoons. Mr. Swiger last worked as PD and afternoons at CHR/WZNF-FM in Gulfport, Mississippi.
Allen Media Broadcasting's CBS affiliate/WTHI-TV (Channel 10, Terre Haute) welcomes reporter/producer Caleb Bryant. Mr. Bryant graduated from Indiana State University.
97.3 WMEE Fort Wayne has an opening for a morning show host.
Federated Media is a family-owned media group in northern Indiana. Our Fort Wayne operation features six radio stations:
97.3 WMEE Hot A/C
98.9 The Bear WBYR Active Rock
Classic Hits BIG 92.3 WFWI
WOWO News Talk 1190am/107.5fm
K105 Country WQHK
The FAN 1380am/100.5fm – Sports Talk WKJG
As Morning Show Co-Host on 97.3 WMEE, you will be responsible for the day-to-day content of the morning show on-air and online (website/social media) and be a professional representative of the brand in public at remotes, events, and concerts:
Live on-air show hours will be 6am-10am Monday-Friday. Weekend “Best Of’s” will be expected once the show gets going.
Skillset for success:
* A TEAM PLAYER that gets along with and supports everyone in the building regardless of their position and or station they are affiliated with.
* Smart, talented, hardworking, ambitious and NICE
* Able to perform a live/lifestyle/phone driven show
* Relatable/has family values
* Enjoys entertaining on air, in person and online
* Enjoys the Pop music/lifestyle
* Understands the importance of and has the ability to execute on Multi Platforms including social, digital and video
* Ability to work as a team or independently with little supervision.
As a Company/Employer, Federated Media will be responsible for:
* Hiring and retaining co-workers who live out our three core company values – Integrity, Passion, and Innovation.
* Growth opportunities. We’re a small business group of teammates and we tend to wear a lot of hats. Our company is extremely fast-paced and heaps significant responsibility on staff members quickly. And at the same time, self-starters and problem solvers tend to have thriving and growing careers here.
* Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
* Benefits that include competitive pay, 401k and match, health insurance, unlimited vacation, holiday, paid volunteer time.
* Fulfilling our commitment to the company mission –
To discover and satisfy the needs of our three primary customer groups:
Our consumers, Our clients, and our co-workers, in a way that is profitable for all.
Interested? Contact Operations Manager Jimmy Knight at JKnight@FederatedMedia.com
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Forcht Broadcasting Crawfordsville – Assistant Program Director
Stations: WIMC FM, WCDQ FM, WCVL
Forcht Broadcasting Radio and Digital is a community-focused, progressive small market radio and digital group of 25 radio stations in 9 markets in 3 states.
Forcht Broadcasting Crawfordsville, IN (WIMC 103.9 FM, WCDQ 106.3 FM, and WCVL 92.1 FM/1550 AM) is accepting applications for a Full-Time Assistant Program Director for their group of radio stations. WIMC, WCDQ, and WCVL serve the communities of West Central Indiana. All candidates must have excellent verbal and written skills and must be able to use social media. Knowledge of using the Zetta automation system is preferred, as is having a working knowledge of a WordPress based content management system. Forcht Broadcasting Crawfordsville is a radio and digital company, so the Assistant Program Director must be comfortable using digital media to promote the radio stations.
Career duties may include but are not limited to:
•interviewing officials and station clients for on-air radio and social media segments
•hosting station programs as needed
•setting up and hosting live remote broadcasts in the Crawfordsville area
•writing and producing radio commercials
•creating and facilitating station promotions
•assisting the multi-media account executives as needed
•assisting with digital and social media projects and campaigns
•representing the radio stations at community events as needed
•other duties as assigned by the WIMC, WCDQ, and WCVL General Manager
One-year experience minimum working in live radio is preferred. A post-secondary degree in communications or broadcasting is preferred, but not required.
Compensation will reflect on-air and work experience. A competitive package, that includes health benefits, will be offered to qualified candidates. Forcht Broadcasting Crawfordsville is looking for team players, who share the mission of Forcht Broadcasting and who assist all members of the team as needed.
If you are ready to begin a career with a radio and digital group named one of The Best Places to Work in Kentucky in 2021, email Forcht Broadcasting General Manager Dave Peach at email@example.com.
Forcht Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer who seeks to recruit qualified and diverse candidates for career openings.
Federated Media is a family-owned media group in northern Indiana. We are currently seeking an Engineer for our 6 radio stations in the South Bend / Mishawaka area. If you are happy, positive, organized, and self-motivated – we are looking for you! You must live close or be willing to relocate. Oh… and it would be great if you had broadcast engineering experience and a bonus if you are a radio geek like the rest of us!
We are looking for passion and someone who has an interest in geeky technical stuff and who likes to work with people, yet someone who can work unsupervised and help solve problems. If you can live out our three core company values – Integrity, Passion and Innovation, then you are one of us!
We will provide you with the tools, training (there’s always more to learn!), a competitive salary with nice benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, plenty of paid time off and so much more! Are you curious? Do you want to learn more? Come talk with us! We have an engineering team to help you along in your journey. We are a high-energy, fast-paced company that’s always growing and we look forward to helping you thrive.
Nerds are totally ok, but know-it-alls are not. We prefer someone with a strong computer background and knowledge of IT and networking.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk. SOON!
Interested? Contact Jack Didier at JobPosting@federatedmedia.com
Confidentiality assured. Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sarkes Tarzian’s WAJI, WLDE, and WGBJ are looking for some part-time help having fun 25-30 hours a week assisting in programming, promotions, and production. Some on-air fill-in possible. Should have Adobe Audition experience. Reach out to Capt. Chris: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Sarkes Tarzian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lakeshore Public Radio – 89.1 FM (WLPR-FM) is seeking a talented part-time on-air announcer for Morning Edition, for local news, traffic, and weather.
Live on-air board operation for morning network news magazine. Switch programming functions from network to local programming; accurately and seamlessly segue from content shared by all stations to content specific to individual stations. Read and write weather, traffic, and other announcements. Troubleshoot technical difficulties.
Generate journalism content (both interviews and other reporting) in concert with the news team. Meet regularly with news and contribute to editorial plans.
Value, contribute to and sustain Lakeshore Public Radio’s commitment to a culture of belonging that sees our culture’s history of power and privilege and seeks to balance that with inclusion of many diverse experiences and perspectives.
Preparation for daily show—familiarity with local markets served. Review top stories, prepare rundowns and digest of national and local program elements. Record any elements needed for individual stations. Revise and update weather forecasts, traffic, and any shared continuity. Work with news team to accommodate daily news features, daily changes in program schedules including breaking news, addition of new elements, etc.
Flexibility to cover and assist with other shifts, radio operations, and breaking news/events including evening and weekends.
Participate in stations’ fundraising endeavors as needed, especially semi-annual public radio fund drives. Serve as ATC representative at stations’ events.
Other duties as assigned.
At least two years of professional on-air experience in a similar drive time host or reporter position.
Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting or journalism or related field.
Public Radio experience preferred.
A working understanding of public radio content and style, including strong writing skills.
Strong radio board operation skills.
Strong audio production, and digital editing skills with audio editing software, Adobe Audition preferred.
Proficiency in using Windows computer software, internet skills, Audiovault broadcast automation system, NewsBoss writing software, and high level of technical competency.
Sophisticated knowledge of national, regional, and local current events and politics, in keeping with National Public Radio standards, is expected by the audience.
Ability to follow the broadcast clock.
Lakeshore Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Market Chief Engineer
After 25 years of broadcasting excellence, Fort Wayne’s Market Chief Engineer accepted a great opportunity at the largest audio company in the country. We are sad to see him depart.
We are now accepting applicants for a new Market Chief Engineer in charge of our six-station broadcast setup in Fort Wayne.
The MCE manages the installation, maintenance, and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. This includes responsibility for telecommunications, computer, and networking systems.
Who We Are: Federated Media is a family-owned media group in northern Indiana.
Our Fort Wayne operation features six radio stations:
• 98.9 The Bear WBYR Active Rock
• Classic Hits BIG 92.3 WFWI
• 97.3 WMEE Hot A/C
• WOWO News Talk 1190am/107.5fm
• K105 Country WQHK
• The FAN 1380am/100.5fm – Sports Talk WKJG
As Market Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Overseeing all station operations through preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Establish routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment.
• Overseeing and assisting with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, and remote equipment.
• Working with local management to coordinate remote broadcasts as needed.
• Compliance with FCC rules and regulations and department budgeting.
• 24/7 on call.
SKILLSET FOR SUCCESS (PREFERRED):
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines.
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages.
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities.
• I.T. skills including local area and wide area networking.
• Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping.
• Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and the ability to climb stairs and ladders is required.
• Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance.
As a Company/Employer, Federated Media will be responsible for:
• Hiring and retaining co-workers who live out our three core company values – Integrity, Passion, and Innovation.
• Growth opportunities. We’re a small business group of teammates and we tend to wear a lot of hats. Our company is extremely fast-paced and heaps significant responsibility on staff members quickly. And at the same time, self-starters and problem solvers tend to have thriving and growing careers here.
• Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask ‘what if’ and try innovative solutions
• Benefits that include competitive pay, 401k and match, health insurance, vacation, holiday, paid volunteer time.
• Fulfilling our commitment to the company mission –
TO DISCOVER AND SATISFY THE NEEDS OF OUR THREE PRIMARY CUSTOMER GROUPS:
• OUR CONSUMERS
• OUR CLIENTS &
• OUR CO-WORKERS
IN A WAY THAT IS PROFITABLE FOR ALL.
Interested? Contact VP/GM Ben Saurer at email@example.com
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
B100 has a morning show opening. South Bend is home to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, the South Bend Cubs, and Norman the Bee! We’re a hop skip and a jump away from Lake Michigan, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and Founders Brewing Company! Plus, you can enjoy all four seasons in Michiana!
This person needs to be Enthusiastic, Creative, Prepared, Fun, Entertaining, Engaging, Relevant, Involved, Collaborator, and Country! Ability to create content for on-air, online, video, and social is a must.
B100 is a very successful, heritage station with great management and ownership. Federated Media’s core values are Integrity, Passion, and Innovation and we are looking for our next superstar to contribute to the fun culture.
Active Driver’s license
Operates by the Core Values of Integrity, Passion, and Innovation
Flexible and Family oriented culture
Healthcare (Health, Dental, Vision) and 401k
Get paid to volunteer your time in the community
A culture that’s driven by purpose. Creating big events. Helping local businesses. Supporting nonprofits.
If this screams your name, then stake your claim and show us the goods!
Don’t hesitate to email your resume and demo now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reising Radio Partners – Multimedia Journalist
If you thrive in a hands-on multi-media environment and have a knack for connecting with your local community to gather and share news on-air and online, we want to hear from you! The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of reporting experience. To be considered, email your resume, examples of online and written stories plus an MP3 of your best work to email@example.com
- Responsible for gathering, writing, and voicing daily Newscasts on QMIX/KORN/MOJO/WJCP
- Write, produce, maintain, and upload LocalNewsDigital.com daily
- Gather and produce soundbites for all newscasts.
- Update Local News Digital social media pages daily.
- On-call for Breaking News situations 24/7 and responsible for coordinating that information to air and be published online
- Staff all necessary weekly and monthly Government and Education meetings
- Maintain relationships with local Law Enforcement agencies and other key contacts in the community
- Manage and coach the News staff by performing air-check sessions with all on-air News staff at least once per month
- Share new stories from Local News Digital on appropriate station social media pages as needed
- Work with Operations Manager to keep the Public File updated
- Maintain Community Calendar
- Maintain PSA’s on all stations
- Attend all station events including, but not limited to QMIX Musical Fireworks, KORN Musical Fireworks, QMIX Girly Golf, and Women’s Expo
- Carry out assignments given by Operations Manager, and Program Directors as needed
Reising Radio Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Radio Forecast Network, a nationwide network that provides weather forecasts for stations in the United States, Canada and the British Virgin Islands is currently looking for announcers to read forecasts and sponsor information. Most lists are between 11 and 18 stations and will fit your availability. You will need a computer, microphone, and audio editing software. Working for RFN, you earn trade dollars to buy the things you need personally, or for business purposes if you own a business. Choose from the member lists and marketplace ads found in the trade exchanges we deal with. This list of businesses (some of which may be in your area) who are members, are paid in trade exchange dollars through organized barter exchanges. It's a great way to stay connected with the radio industry, and to earn some extra money in your free time. For more information, click this link.
WNAP, The Buzzard, seeks the right person or people for our stations as we develop Underwriting Sales. Our format is a fun Oldies presentation with sarcasm and tongue in cheek delivery. Our stations include: 56-year-old 990 WNAP Muncie and translator 101.5 W268BJ; WNAP-FM 88.1 Morristown, Indiana; 91.7 W219DO Edinburgh, Indiana, and WNPP Cole Indiana.
This is an outside position. Cities to be served include Muncie, Indianapolis, Greenfield, Shelbyville, Rushville, Anderson, Noblesville, and many others. If you have a history in customer service and want to help us grow, contact Martin Hensley at firstname.lastname@example.org. New Beginnings Movement, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.