Options for students and employees to fulfill required COVID-19 testing:
- Participate in self-administered testing on campus. Pick up a testing kit on campus and return the sample within 72 hours (no appointment needed).
- Receive a drive-up, provider-administered test (appointment needed, limited availability).
Option 1: Self-administered testing
Individual self-administered tests are identified by using a barcode that is scanned at the time of sampling and links to your campus credentials. This identification step is critical to ensure accurate and timely results.
Before you arrive please prepare:
- A smartphone or mobile device*
- Know your Active Directory (AD) username and password
- Download the free UC San Diego app. For those who already have it, please be sure it is updated. You will need the updated app to scan the test kit.
- Download the MyChart app. Students should select Student Health and Well-Being as the provider for MyStudentChart. Employees should select UCSDHealth as the provider for MyUCSDChart. This will allow you to see your results directly.
*For those who prefer an alternative, iPads are available at the Price Center location.
Self-administered testing locations
- Muir College | Mariposa Room (map)
- Seventh College | Parcel Center (map)
- Nuevo East | Fitness Center (map)
- Price Center | Ballroom B (map)
*More locations coming in winter 2021.
Option 2: Provider-administered testing
Provider-administered testing requires an appointment. For those who would like to schedule a drive-up or walk-in COVID test, please use the links below. Note that drive-up appointments are currently in very high demand and may have limited appointments available.