Young Black Scholars Dress Code Policy
The approved dress is Business Casual for students and parents.
Young Men: Slacks, docker-type pants, shirts with collars, dress shirts, polo shirts, pullover sweaters. Pants must be worn with belts at the waist. No sagging pants.
Young Ladies: Dresses, skirts, slacks, suits, blouses, sweaters, etc. Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fishnet fabrics, halter tops, off the shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs, spaghetti straps, short skirts, and sheer clothing are prohibited.
The following guidelines shall apply to all students attending YBS activities and events:
* YBS participants shall give proper attention to personal cleanliness and neatness of dress at all events.
* Dress, grooming, or accessories, which contain language or symbols supporting sex, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or gang association, shall not be allowed.
* No hats, baseball-type hats, or other headgear are to be worn at YBS events unless it is medically/religiously required and approved by the YBS staff.
* Long parka jackets and baggy pants are not to be worn.
* No denim (jeans, skirts, dresses, etc.) are to be worn.
* Beach walkers, slippers and/or flip flops are not to be worn.
* Tattoos and/or body piercings (if applicable) are to be covered.
* Cellphone ringers must be turned off. Phones must be set to silent mode. Any other audio devices must be turned off.
* No audio recordings are allowed of any workshop or presentation unless permission is specifically granted.