DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE ARTS PRESENTS
A MAINSTSTAGE PRODUCTION
By Sarah DeLappe
Directed by Catherine Doherty
Presented with permission of Concord Theatricals
- Thursday, September 30 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Friday, October 1 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Saturday, October 2 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Sunday, October 3 at 2 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Thursday, October 14 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Friday, October 15 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Saturday, October 16 at 8 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
- Sunday, October 17 at 2 p.m. in McKenna Theatre
After a lengthy hiatus from live in-person productions, the Department of Theatre Arts is very excited to present this highly relevant and resonant piece of theatre.
"'The Wolves' is a microcosm of a community, manifested in a female high school indoor soccer team that is at times hilarious, poignant, sharp-tongued, and devastating," says director Catherine Doherty. "Ultimately, these young women find themselves navigating both isolation and a belonging—rather apropos of our global journey of the last 18 months."
This award-winning play follows the nine teenage girls that make up The Wolves soccer team. In partnership with the Department of Athletics, several members of the SUNY New Paltz women's soccer team have been attending rehearsals to run drills with the actors, teach them some moves, and talk to them about what it's like to be on a soccer team. As most of the cast members of "The Wolves" have no experience with the sport, these team members have provided unique insight and experience to help shape these performances.
“I am so proud of the ensemble of SUNY New Paltz student actors, designers, stage managers, craftspersons, and dramaturgs who are bringing such profound humanity to this work—and of our first 'collaboration' with the SUNY New Paltz women’s soccer team, who have been invaluable in mounting an authentic representation of the players on stage," says Doherty.