Although many details for the UArizona/CALS/Ed in-person graduation ceremony are still being finalized we know CALS faculty and staff are eager to celebrate the Class of 2021. Here’s what we know now; we’ll continue to share updates as information is available.
UArizona/CALS Graduation Ceremony
Thursday, May 13, 2021
7 pm, Arizona Stadium
- Currently, platform only. Students will not process (they’ll already be seated on the field).
Faculty Attendance (including Unit Heads & Directors)
- All faculty are welcome to attend the ceremony.
- CALS will open a faculty RSVP soon; we’ll share the link as it’s available.
- Unknown at this time – both will be determined based on the number of student RSVPs (e.g. meaning the total number of people on the field): 1) Faculty seating (two options are possible – general stadium seating or field seating); and 2) Processional (will be known closer to the ceremony date)
- CALS and Ed have agreed to a “call” for PhD and Master’s self-hooding by department. Script example: “We now recognize all PhD and Master’s students from the Department of Agricultural Education, Technology & Innovation at the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences. Please stand and place your hood over your head before queuing up.”
- The Department Head, advisor, or other designate would be able to enter the stage from the field and stand across stage as their students walk.
- The colleges are being asked to recruit as many volunteers as possible.
- Types of volunteer roles: field marshalling, refilling the water stations, tabling for college-specific needs
- Are you interested in volunteering? Sign up here by Wednesday, April 28.
New Options for Video Congrats
As we prepare for the May 2021 combination UArizona/CALS/Ed graduation ceremony, University Marketing has expanded options for students, faculty, staff, family and supporters to capture graduation congrats videos. Now through Friday, April 16 you have two ways to record/submit a video.
1) Sign up for a 15-minute slot to be filmed on-site
- April 15, 9 am–noon: Arizona State Museum Lawn
- April 15, 1–5 pm: Highland Bowl just east of the Tree Ring Lab
- April 16, 9 am–noon: Greek Heritage Park, South of 1st between Cherry and Vine
- April 16, 1–5 pm: UAHS Courtyard, between Nursing and Skaggs, North of Mabel
- Sign up here: http://bit.ly/VideoCongrats21 (slots are going quickly!)
2) Send in your video, now through April 16
Who can participate? Any CALS faculty, staff, or students are encouraged to record a congrats message. Parents, family and supporters are encouraged to contribute as well.
What will be recorded? Any encouraging, celebratory message you want to share with the graduating class of 2021. Your comments can be informal and non-scripted or you could opt to prepare a few notes.
Here’s a few ideas to consider:
- Congratulate the Class of 2021!
- Instill the Class of 2021 with confidence – they persevered to achieve this milestone!
- Remind the Class of 2021 of the extraordinary experience they had in your class, your lab, with your sport, club, just socializing - you name it! Celebrate the last four years (faculty, staff).
- Thank your university, college, school, program and/or faculty member (students).
- Thank your family for their support (students).
How/when will your recording be displayed? Your recording will become part of the video pre-show that will be run in Arizona Stadium. The entire graduation celebration (including the pre-show video) will also be live-streamed and recorded online.