Have A Patient That Could Benefit
from mAb Therapy?
If you have a patient who could benefit from mAb treatment and they meet the following
criteria, have them call 425-788-2644 to check current availability, eligibility and to schedule their 90-minute appointment.
Duvall Family Drugs in King County has quite a bit of capacity for mAbs at this time but has not been seeing any referrals from health systems.
Please share the attached flyer or this email and let providers in the area know that they can refer patients to call the pharmacy to see if they qualify for treatment.
As a reminder, it is not required for the provider to prescribe the therapy.
All assessment for appropriateness is done by the pharmacist, so simply directly patients as a resource would be all that is required.
People that can receive the therapy:
- Are an adult or pediatric (> 12 years of age and weighing at least > 40kg) patient
- Have tested positive for COVID-19
- Are experiencing mild or moderate symptoms of COVID-19
- Experienced their first symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Are at high risk for having more serious symptoms of COVID-19 and/or going into the hospital
Some of the most common reasons people can be at high risk are:
- Age:65 years
- Obesity or being overweight based on CDC and Prevention clinical growth charts
- Chronic kidney disease
- immunosuppressive disease or immunosuppressive treatment
- Heart or circulatory conditions (e.g., heart failure, CAD, cardiomyopathies, & hypertension)
- Chronic lung diseases including COPD, asthma (moderate to severe), interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis, and pulmonary hypertension
- Sickle cell disease
- Neurodevelopmental disorders such as cerebral palsy
- Having a medical device (e.g., tracheostomy, gastrostomy, or positive pressure ventilation)
Please call 425-788-2644 with any questions!