New COVID-19 Toolkit Available
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has a new toolkit available to assist long-term care settings in responding to COVID-19. The toolkit is designed to support guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and previous resources shared by NC DHHS.
The toolkit includes:
- What to Expect: Response to COVID-19 Cases in Long-Term Care Settings lists the steps that the facility and LHD will take in response to COVID-19 cases in a LTC setting.
- LTC Infection Control Assessment Tool describes how to assess infection control practices in the facility.
- LTC Infection Prevention Staffing Worksheet helps ensure that all critical infection control duties have been assigned and improve accountability for these practices.
- LTC Infection Prevention Education Resources provides resources to educate staff about the basics of infection prevention, hand hygiene, and personal protective equipment (PPE) use.
- LTC Optimize PPE Supply—Facemask describes how to conserve a limited supply of facemasks through extended use and limited re-use and provides guidance on cloth facemasks.
- LTC Optimize PPE Supply—Gown describes how to conserve a limited supply of gowns through extended use and limited re-use.
In addition, the CDC has a helpful webinar describing how long-term care facilities can prepare for COVID-19. More information about COVID-19 in North Carolina is online at www.nc.gov/covid19.
North Carolina Assisted Living Association