The move from Box to Microsoft OneDrive is now scheduled to begin the week of April 12, 2021.
- Your files and folders will be copied from Box to OneDrive, keeping the same folder structure, workflows, and permission settings. Your Box Notes, if any, will be converted to Microsoft Word documents and copied to a folder in your OneDrive account.
- We will let you know when the transfer for your Box data is scheduled to begin. Once the transfer begins, you will see a folder called "BOXData" in your OneDrive account. Please do not modify this folder until we notify you that the transfer is complete.
- You can still use Box while the data transfer is underway. Between mid-April and mid-June, your Box files will continue to be synced to OneDrive.
- We will let you know when the data transfer is complete, and you can start reviewing your Box data in OneDrive.
- If Google Drive is your preferred online file storage platform, we recommend that you wait until your Box data is copied to OneDrive, then transfer it to Google Drive. Learn more about moving your files to Google Drive
- For the latest information, see: https://www.umass.edu/it/box/retirement
Questions? Contact IT User Services at email@example.com or 413-545-TECH (8324).