New ‘Top Docs’ features Congressional candidate Rep. Matt Gurtler
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show features Georgia Rep. Matt Gurtler (R-Tiger), who is a candidate for Georgia’s 9th Congressional District seat – which includes a number of counties in northeast Georgia.
Rep. Gurtler discusses…
– How he got involved in politics
– His campaign platform, values, and principles
– How his experience as a homebuilder affects his political views
– What he sees as the nation's biggest health care challenges
– How to improve the care veterans receive at V.A. hospitals
– What he sees as the most exciting medical innovations
– Congress’ taxpayer-subsidized health insurance plans
– His goals and priorities beyond health care
– What makes him a unique and qualified candidate
– How he will remain accessible if he is elected
– How people can get involved and support his campaign
Rep. Gurtler is a two-term member of the Georgia House of Representatives. He is in the construction business – building custom homes, repairing foundations, and moving houses. Rep. Gurtler is also a certified firearms instructor and avid outdoorsman. He has a history degree from the University of North Georgia, where he participated in R.O.T.C. Rep. Gurtler notes that he has “earned a reputation for being consistent, principled, and the conservative ‘litmus test’ in the House by his peers.” He adds that he has earned the title as the “Most Conservative State Representative” – and he says that he is often referred to as “Dr. NO” for his “willingness to stand against tax increases and big government spending.”
The primary election will take place on June 9.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than one million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won two awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award and a Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Award.
‘Top Docs’ is supported with a grant from Alliant Health Solutions in memory of Tom Williams, its former CEO.
In addition to the video recordings that are available on Facebook, ‘Top Docs’ is available as a podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, and iHeart Radio.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.