Spring is coming soon, right? We had red lentil soup with ugly carrots for lunch on this cold day. It hit the spot!
Here are a few more items you might want on hand for hearty meals in the next 3 weeks:
- The last of the carrots from Lester and Irene Brubacher at Cedar Springs Farm - Limited amounts left
Sweet potatoes (conventional) that we get through Martin's
- Monforte Dairy's sheep cheese production has started again! Look for Belle (cream cheese from sheep's milk), Pecorino Fresco, Sheep Yogurt, Chimay as well as aged cheese like Fontina, True Blue, and more!
- Brenda Knechtel has added Lemon basil and romano beans!
- New sausages from Top Market Meats! Look for them in the poultry, lamb and pork sections of our order form
- Amazing roasted nuts from Jewels Under the Kilt! Lis sweetens them with maple and blends flavours that you'll love including Maple Strawberry Chocolate Walnuts, Orange Spiced Sweet Potato Pecans, Cranberry Holy Mole Pecans, Jumping Juniper Julep Walnuts (limited) and Hail Caesar Pecans!
- Plan a taco dinner! Order table salsa, chips, fresh tortillas, pineapple salsa and more from Taco Farm
- Finish off the meal with Dulce de Leche from Taco Farm, Liege Waffles from Ambrosia Pastry and Hewitt's Goat Milk Ice Cream sweetened with honey!