The Lazy Hazy days of summer!
This is wonderful! We're waking up and enjoying raspberries on cereal and having cherries for an afternoon snack. The kids enjoyed cucumber slices and cheese today at camp. Friday starts our blueberry and apricot season as well! My son keeps asking for apricots!
There is so much amazing local food right now and no one said it all had to be healthy...
Have you checked out our Ice Cream Section?
We have goat ice cream in quite a few flavours from Hewitt's Dairy
in Hagersville, Organic ice cream from Mapleton's Organic Dairy
in Drayton as well as hand made ice cream from Ann and Matt at Silver + Boots Craft Creamery
in town. Their new flavour is Rhubarb!
Stock up on dried beans from Rounds Brand (aka Hillbilly Beans). We don't order these often but they are super fresh and good. We especially like the red lentils and black beans!
New items have been added:
- Blueberries from Pleasant Berry Farm in Norfolk are ready! We have a minimum order to meet to order these tasty berries
- Leslie at Top Market Meat has added Garlic Lamb sausage, Garlic and Curry Goat Sausage.as well as Whole chickens that have been raised out doors on grass. They are hormone and antibiotic free, but in limited supply due to quotas.
- Do you make pickles? You can get half bushels of pickling cukes from Lester and Irene Brubacher
- The McKechnie Tortilla chips have come down a wee bit in weight, but they have come down in price also! I've also listed all the ingredients for you! Have you tried their tamales? We're looking forward to a few more prepared foods coming from Aylmer soon!
- We're still lucky to have great salad greens at a great price from Lester and Irene Brubacher
- Sam at Bowman's Organic Produce has added Savoy Cabbage to our list
- More amazing fruit is ripe and ready for you including cherries, mulberries, apricots, currants, gooseberries and more from Warner's Farm!
- If you didn't get any strawberries in the freezer, don't fret! You can buy them already frozen! Get your frozen organic strawberries - sliced or whole from Bowman's Organic Produce
- We have a 5 lb and a 10 lb Lamb BBQ Box each on sale from Harrington Lane Farms! They are a great deal! Now we just need mint jelly!
- Harrington Lane's Bacon was sliced last Friday so there should be lots for us this week. Do you like the Berkshire or the Black Hog Bacon better?
- Why the onion photo? The bunches look so great my dad took some of mine...I need to order more!