Welcome to your monthly update for everything Clay County Public Health Center. As your nationally-accredited local health department, our vision is to empower all people in Clay County to lead healthier lives.
Pick Up This Life-Saving Tool for Free in Clay County
Naloxone is a medication that can reverse an overdose from opioids—including heroin, fentanyl, and prescription opioid medications—when given in time.
A nasal spray version of naloxone, called Narcan, is now available for community members to access for free in the Clay County Public Health Center lobby. Anyone can walk in and grab a box containing two doses, plus a bag with information about how to administer Narcan, a list of recovery community centers, and more.
Located at: 800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
Typical hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Looking to get a larger amount of Narcan to give out to others? Connect with CCPHC's emergency planner at email@example.com or go to getmonaloxone.com to order.
Fall/Winter 2023 Vaccine Update
Making sure you have the most up-to-date protection against disease can be a little confusing at times, especially when there are new and seasonal updates to vaccine availability. To find the latest information and recommendations regarding COVID-19, flu and RSV vaccination, visit the Immunizations at the Health Center page.
A quick summary:
- Flu Shots: Now available at Clay County Public Health Center, including the high-dose vaccine for people age 65+. Recommended to get by the end of October.
- COVID-19: Updated COVID-19 vaccines are now available at Clay County Public Health Center for anyone ages 6 months and older. For adults who have previously been vaccinated against COVID-19, you are eligible to receive an updated dose if it has been at least two months since your last dose.
RSV: This common respiratory virus can have serious consequences for infants, young children, and older adults if contracted. This year, additional protection is available for these vulnerable groups. Adults 60+ can receive vaccination and infants and young children can receive a one-dose monoclonal antibody treatment. Please note: these are not yet available at CCPHC so talk to your healthcare provider if interested.
We're excited to reveal a fresh look for the Clay County Public Health Center website! We hope that some of the new features can help visitors more easily navigate and connect with the information they're looking for.
School Immunization Clinics in October
The Clay County Public Health Center immunizations team continues to visit local middle and high schools this fall. These clinics make getting immunizations easier and cheaper for families because there's no need to miss school or work for an appointment and administrative fees are waived.
Below is a schedule of the clinics in October 2023. For the full semester's schedule, please visit our website. Registration must be completed by a parent or guardian at least 1 week before their child's clinic takes place.
- Oct. 3: Kearney High School
- Oct. 5: Kearney Middle School
- Oct. 10: Northgate Middle School
- Oct. 12: Antioch Middle School
- Oct. 17: Discovery & South Valley Middle Schools
- Oct. 19: Maple Park Middle School
Oct. 24: Staley High School
- Oct. 26: Liberty High School
- Oct. 31: North Kansas City High School
- Wednesday, Oct. 4: Mobile Food Pantry
- Monday, Oct. 9: Closed for Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus Day
- *DATE CHANGE* Monday, Oct. 23 at 6pm: Board of Health meeting
- Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- WIC Certifier
Family Fun Day - September 16, 2023
70th Anniversary Open House - September 20, 2023
800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
clayhealth.com | 816-595-4200
Through service, partnership, and leadership we deliver the essential public health services of prevention, promotion, and protection to improve the health and well-being of all communities in Clay County.
Manage your preferences | Opt Out using TrueRemove™
Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.
View this email online.
800 Haines Drive | Liberty, MO 64068 US
This email was sent to .
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.