Making plans for your Fall 2020 course registration
We know there are questions and concerns about the upcoming fall semester. As you choose courses for fall semester, ISSS encourages you to talk to your academic advisor and choose a course schedule that allows for flexibility. Here are some factors to consider:
- Fall semester begins on Monday, August 24, and students are expected to be on campus by that date to begin in-person courses.
- At this time, Miami plans to offer courses in person for fall semester.
- While the Student and Exchange Visitor Program made exceptions to the rules regarding online enrollment for Spring and Summer 2020, they have not extended permission for online enrollment in the fall.
- Students who are unable to return to campus by August 24 have two options:
1) Enroll in online courses from your home country, or
2) Take a leave of absence for fall semester.
Because both of the above options impact F-1 status, ISSS asks that students consult with an ISSS advisor once their plans for fall have become more apparent.