Submitting a 2022-2023 Rising 4th-Year Student Housing Application
Beginning tomorrow, March 1 at 10 AM EST, you will be able submit a housing application and invite friends to a roommate group. Here’s how applying for housing a rising 4th-year student will work:
- Starting tomorrow, March 1, rising 4th year students may submit a housing application. In your application, you will acknowledge your desire to live on-campus next year and sign your 2022-2023 Housing License Agreement (Here is a copy of the agreement if you’d like to read it ahead of time.)
- You will be required to a list of preferences from among all available Foggy Bottom upperclass residence halls and available room types. We use these preferences to determine which residence hall and room to assign you too!
- If you do not have any friends you want to create a roommate group with, you’re done with your application.
- If you have friends you want to create a roommate group with, STEP #2 is for you.
STEP #2: If you have friends you’d like to live with next year, you will need to invite your friend(s) to a roommate group before you submit your housing application.
- To successfully send your friend/s a roommate group invitation, you’ll need their RMSID. This is the number in the housing system associated with every student. NOTE: this is different than your 8 digit GWID
- Here’s your RMSID: . **Ask the person you want to be your new roommate for theirs.
- Once you invite your peer to your roommate group, they will receive an email inviting them to your group. The email will include directions on how to accept the invite and how to complete their housing application.
STEP #3: All students invited to a roommate group need to accept the invitation in order to be assigned together and then officially apply for housing the Campus Living eServices Portal (via the “Apply for 2022-2023 Housing | Invited Roommates” link).
- Roommate groups operate on mutual consent, meaning that each individual has to affirmatively consent to joining a roommate group after being invited.
- Not answering or accepting a roommate group invitation is the main reason why desired roommate groups may not be assigned together. If your invited roommates do not accept the invitation from you, they will not be assigned as your roommate.
- When accepting a roommate group invitation, all students will also need to fully submit a housing application, including signing your 2022-2023 Housing License Agreement (Here is a copy of the agreement if you would like to read it ahead of time).
Once the 4th-Year Students and Friends application period is complete on March 8, we’ll process all the roommate group requests and officially communicate housing assignments for all students who applied for housing across this period.