Message Sent on behalf of NC Division of Public Health – Reminder of Requirement to Report All Antigen Test Results
Reminder from NC Division of Public Health to facilities and providers performing antigen testing to report
all test results:
If your facility is using a point-of-care antigen test device for detection of SARS-CoV-2, this is a reminder that providers are required by North
Carolina Administrative Code to report all results, positive and negative, of diagnostic testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. This includes antigen test results.
- For facilities that are reporting detailed results through Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR), COVID-19 Laboratory Data Automation (CLDA), or National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN),
please include all Antigen testing in your reporting results. Automated electronic reporting is the preferred means of reporting COVID-19 test results.
- For facilities that are not reporting detailed data to us through ELR or CLDA, please ensure you provide:
- Your detailed positives through secure telefax to the Division of Public Health at (919) 733-0490 or to your local
health department. We are in the process of developing a secure portal to enter detailed results into as an alternative to telefax. We hope this to be available within the next few weeks.
- This guidance also applies to any healthcare provider who performs testing in a CLIA certified facility or a facility with a CLIA certificate of waiver (such as dentists
offices, long-term care facilities, etc.).
- Laboratories are required to report electronically, either via Electronic Lab Reporting (ELR) or in accordance with the laboratory
data automation process outlined in the guidance for reporting results.
The full guidance
for reporting results is available on the healthcare
guidance section of the NC DHHS COVID-19 website. Additional guidance regarding appropriate
use of antigen testing is also available on our website.
Providers needing consultation can call the NC Division of Public Health epidemiologist on call at 919-733-3419.
North Carolina Assisted Living Association