The transition from Box to OneDrive is starting this week: Box accounts will be placed in queue and transferred to OneDrive.
- We will let you know when the transition for your Box account is scheduled to begin. Your files and folders will be copied from Box to OneDrive and synced until the transition for your account is complete, some time before June 15, 2021.
- Once the data transfer begins, you will see a folder called "BOXData" in your OneDrive account. Please do not modify this folder until we notify you that it is ready for use.
- You can continue to work in Box as usual until you receive a personalized notification with the exact date when syncing between your Box and OneDrive accounts is scheduled to end.
- At that point, changes you make to your Box files will no longer be reflected in OneDrive.
- You can stop using Box and start using your BOXData folder in OneDrive.
- You can still access Box and review your data before Box is officially retired on June 30, 2021.
This information applies to students, faculty, and staff with individual Box accounts. Additional communications may apply if you maintain Box accounts on behalf of your department or a research project or if you have a different affiliation with the university.