Virtual Mason Leadership Summit Experience
March 1st - March 23rd, 2022
The Leadership Education and Development office (LEAD) and Graduate Student Life are pleased to host this year's Mason Leadership Summit. This year’s Summit is specifically design for Mason graduate students and it will take place virtually March 1-23, 2022. Students will have a chance to select which educational sessions they would like to participate and engage in.
Sessions will focus on leadership, emotional intelligence, student activism, public speaking, conflict management, balancing multiple roles, and networking. Participants will learn practical ways to further develop as leaders in multiple contexts, whether they have a formal leadership position or not. Students will broaden their perspectives on leadership and engage with other graduate students, faculty, and staff through practical and applied leadership skill development.
Students who participate in at least 3 educational components will receive a certificate and a digital badge via Mason 360. Students who participate in 4 or more educational components will receive a certificate, a digital badge via Mason 360, and a t-shirt. The Summit can also be listed on a student’s resume. Registration currently open!
As a result of participating in the 2022 Mason Leadership Summit, attendees will:
- Engage with other graduate students in discussions around the topic of leadership, including leadership that does not require a title or formal position
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of incorporating anti-racism work into your work as a graduate student
- Broaden their perspectives on leadership and the importance of non-positional leadership
- Identify ways to balance multiple roles
- Network with Mason alumni and graduate students from various fields of study
- Establish at least one new supportive relationship and/or office while participating in the summit
- Learn at least one strategy or skill to advance your career-readiness and professional development