Circle Swim Pointers
The addition of "circle swim" to our 6:00AM lap swimming schedule is off to a great start and has expanded the opportunities for more folks to swim. Our lifeguards have developed some helpful tips to help make it a smooth experience for all swimmers. Don't be intimidated! It's easier than it sounds.
- Be aware of your proximity to other swimmers.
- When possible, communicate your intentions to pass.
- When passing another swimmer, keep your head in the water until you have successfully completed the pass.
- When being passed, the slower swimmer should move closer to the lane line to create more physical distance.
- Do your best to match up with swimmers of a similar speed. Our guards can help you determine your best placement.
- Make sure the first swimmers on each side start at the same time.
- Wait for the swimmer ahead of you to push off the wall and move past the backstroke flags before starting your swim.
- If you need to rest, move to the corner of your double lane to allow safe distancing and to prevent interruption to other swimmers.