COVID-19 Funding Update
A local philanthropic collaborative, led by Stark Community Foundation and Sisters of Charity Foundation of Canton, reviews grant applications each week from organizations affected by COVID-19 and makes funding decisions. Over the last three weeks, nearly $600,000 in emergency funding has been awarded to area organizations serving Stark County's most vulnerable neighbors. Thank you all for your generous support and your commitment to our community now and as it reopens.
Learn more about the COVID-19 grantees
Fourth round of funding is currently underway and will be announced next week along with additional contributors to this community-wide effort.
Apply for help
Local 501(c)(3) organizations, schools, churches and government entities affected by COVID-19 are eligible to apply for future rounds of emergency funding. Currently, priority is given to programs that provide:
- assistance to homebound seniors
- pandemic childcare
- mental health services
- shelter and homeless services
- other documented emerging needs
The COVID-19 funding opportunity is intended to fill needs that are currently not being addressed through federal, state and local governmental resources. For application instructions, contact Anne Savastano, grants and operations manager at the Sisters of Charity Foundation of Canton, at email@example.com or (330) 454-5800, ext. 304.
Check out this page for a variety of resources available to individuals, families and organizations in Stark County affected by COVID-19. This page will be continuously updated as resources become available.
Support your community
You can help local organizations on the frontline of the COVID-19 response by making a gift to Stark Community Foundation's Immediate Impact Alert Fund. All monies contributed to this fund will be used to support area organizations affected by COVID-19. Here’s how you can show your support:
- make a gift online »
- mail a check payable to “Stark Community Foundation” with “Immediate Impact Alert: COVID-19” in the memo line to: 400 Market Ave. N, Suite 200, Canton, OH 44702
- donate stock by calling the Foundation at 330-454-7992
- current Stark Community Foundation fundholders may make grant recommendations to the Immediate Impact Alert Fund from their charitable funds through the Donor Portal, mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org