Elysian Spring Track Team
● Track is open to students from Kindergarten through 4th grade.
● Uniforms: There is no specific uniform that is required for track meets, but a green Elysian shirt is encouraged. The runner should dress comfortably and appropriately for the weather. (Athletic shirt and pants/shorts and running sneakers.)
● Practices will be held at 1600 Park Avenue Field from 3:00 to 3:45 pm, every Thursday. Practice dates TBA. Students will be walked over to and from practice by Coach Adam Froimowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org), arriving back at school no later than 4:00 pm. Dismissal instructions will be based upon the instructions below.
● All track meets will take place at Lincoln Park in Jersey City, entrance at Duncan Avenue (blue track), generally on Saturdays. All track meets start at 10:00 am. Meet dates TBA.
● Track meets will be canceled if it is raining on track meet dates.
● Parents are responsible for bringing and picking up their children promptly from track meets and practice.
● All students MUST have a completed physical form (physical completed within the last 365 days). If you have not turned this in, you can find the forms on our website, ecsnj.org/ then click on “Forms & Information”.
● Parents MUST sign off on the “Student Physical & Sports Participation” form. This indicates that parents have reviewed the information found on our website, ecsnj.org, about misuse of opioid Drugs, concussion identification, management & return to play policy, and sudden cardiac death in young athlete’s policy.
● Students will not be able to participate until all documentation has been received.
Please return registration form to the school office ASAP.
Student’s Name: _______________________ Teacher / Grade: ________
____ Parent will pick up child (Name of person picking up: ______________________
___ Aftercare Program ______ Child may self-dismiss
Name of parent & Phone number where you can be reached: _________________________________
____ Yearly registration fee of $25.00 (pay at orgsonline or by check to ECS.)
____ I am requesting a scholarship for the registration fee. (All requests are confidential.)
____ Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form is on file with the nurse.
____ All pre-sports information has been reviewed.
Parent’s Name/Signature & email address:
Parent Signature Required To Be Returned To The Office
Student-Athlete and Parent/Guardian Sign-Off
In accordance with N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.10, public school districts, approved private schools for students with disabilities, and nonpublic schools participating in an interscholastic sports program must distribute this Opioid Use and Misuse Educational Fact Sheet to all student-athletes and cheerleaders. In addition, schools and districts must obtain a signed acknowledgement of receipt of the fact sheet from each student-athlete and cheerleader, and for students under age 18, the parent or guardian must also sign.
This sign-off sheet is due to the appropriate school personnel as determined by your district prior to the first official practice session and annually thereafter prior to the student-athlete’s or cheerleader’s first official practice of the school year.
Name of School: Elysian Charter School
I/We acknowledge that we received and reviewed the Educational Fact Sheet on the Use and Misuse of Opioid Drugs. *See Link Below
I/We acknowledge that we received and reviewed the Concussion Identification, Management and Return to Play Policy. *See Link Below
I/We acknowledge that we received and reviewed the Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Policy. *See Link Below
Please PRINT Student’s Name____________________________________________
Student Signature: ______________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature (also needed if student is under age 18):
*Link to : Student-Athlete and Parent / Guardian Sign Off
A copy of this form will be held by Diane DeSombre, RN.