2. Church Staff Reorganization
While 2020 brought multiple challenges, it also taught us many things. With the departure of Sarah and Mark Groves, responsibilities had to shift among the team and we seized the opportunity to reimagine ways to accomplish the work of the church.
This led to us reorganizing our current staff structure with guidance from the Personnel Committee. While this list does not cover all the realignments, it does provide information about some of the primary changes:
- Susan Payne is taking on a new role as Connections Pastor, leading ministry through adult groups, communicating with new members, and helping existing members connect and serve.
- Ansley Alfano’s role as Kids Pastor is now expanded to include all children birth through 5th grade.
- Chris Gillespie will add church-wide graphics and marketing to his current responsibilities as Student and Missions Pastor.
- Mark O’Connor’s role in music ministry has been expanded to be our Interim Worship Pastor.
I am deeply grateful for these and the many others at Deermeadows who have taken on new responsibilities to serve the church and our community.