FW: NEW! Infection Prevention and Control Guidance and Webinar
Working under the direction of Argentum’s COVID Advisory Council, the Infection Prevention and Control Work Group has developed guidance for infection prevention and control (IPC) specifically for assisted living communities.
The comprehensive guidance begins with an overview of the goals for an IPC program and follows with information on 16 infectious diseases, as well as measures and considerations for addressing emerging pathogens. This guidance is intended to help communities assess readiness for various infectious diseases and emerging pathogens, and strengthen operations where appropriate.
Read the Guidance
NEW! Upcoming Webinar
Best Practices for Infection Prevention and Control for Assisted Living
Thursday, December 10 | 1–2pm ET
This webinar is designed to provide a high-level overview of Argentum's IPC guidance to help communities assess readiness for various infectious diseases and emerging pathogens.
Attendees will hear:
- What is required for an effective IPC program;
- IPC training requirements related to pathogens, resident cohorting, and contact tracing;
- IPC surveillance, investigation, data collection and reporting recommendations designed to help review processes, efficiency, and evaluate outcomes;
- Coping strategies to deal with resident, family and staff member stress; and
- Pandemic planning tools to better prepare communities for future outbreaks.
- Linda Anstotz, MJ, RN, NP, GNC, CPHQ, Senior Director of Operational Risk Management, Legal Department, Brookdale Senior Living
- Sheela Stevens, MSSW, CSW, Consultant, Stevens Consulting, LLC
- John Schulte, Vice President, Quality Improvement, Argentum
North Carolina Assisted Living Association