March 17, 2020
Please see the information below regarding reimbursements for canceled Ball State University travel due to the threat of COVID-19.
Bookings Paid Directly by the Traveler (Not through Egencia)
For travel expenses paid by Ball State employees:
- All travelers will be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses associated with canceled travel.
- The traveler should request a refund, from the original payee, for airfare or other travel expenses paid from personal funds. A travel voucher may be issued in lieu of a refund. It will be the department’s responsibility to monitor any credit vouchers issued to employees for future University travel.
- For expenses not refunded by the payee, travelers, or their departmental travel delegate, should request an employee reimbursement using Chrome River. Include documentation showing a refund was not issued – email from airline, etc.
Bookings Paid Directly by Ball State University (Not through Egencia)
For travel expenses paid by Ball State for a conference or hotel:
- Please request a refund via the original payment method to Ball State.
- If a Ball State purchasing credit card was charged, request a credit to that card.
Bookings through Egencia (Ball State’s Dedicated Travel Booking Tool)
For all bookings though Egencia, please contact the Travel Department at email@example.com or 765-285-1327.
- The Travel Department will assist you in canceling any trip expenses processed through Egencia.
- Travel vouchers issued will be charged to departments. The Travel Department will monitor these vouchers and use them for any future travel booked for eligible employees. (Travel vouchers will be assigned to the original travelers and will likely have expiration dates.)
Future Travel Bookings
The Travel Department will allow an exception to the Travel Policy for travelers who wish to book refundable airfare during this time.
Any additional costs associated with refundable airfare will require departmental authorization and must be paid with departmental funds.
Contact the Travel Department with any questions you may have regarding this information.