Prepare for the Move to OneDrive
Use Content Filters to identify the Box files and folders for which you are the owner.
- In the search bar, click the Search Options icon.
- On the Content Filters tab, in the Owners field, enter your email address, then click Search. Box will display only the files and folders for which you are the owner.
- Review the search results.
- Delete the files and folders you no longer need.
- Rename the files or folders that contain special characters (e.g., " * : < > ? / \ |). These characters will be replaced with underscores during the move to OneDrive. File naming in OneDrive
Review files and folders that others have shared with you. End collaborations if appropriate and avoid deleting someone else’s files.
- Identify the owner & end collaboration: Next to a file or folder, click More Options > More Actions > Manage Collaborators. The Collaborators screen will list the owner and collaborators for that file or folder and will allow you to remove yourself as a collaborator. Alternatively, click More Options > More Actions > End Collaboration.
- Use extreme caution if you decide to delete Box content. Once deleted, files and folders cannot be restored. This is especially important if you are not the file owner.
Questions? Contact IT User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 413-545-TECH (8324).