Expert addresses med-mal trends in Georgia on new ‘Top Docs’
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses important medical professional liability trends in Georgia – and it features MedPro Group Chief Medical Officer Graham Billingham, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., F.A.A.E.M.
Dr. Billingham discusses…
– Trends in the medical professional liability market in the U.S.
– The factors that have contributed to the loss trends
– How hard and soft markets differ
– How physicians are being affected by today’s hard market
– Georgia’s med-mal landscape
– How “shock verdicts” affect the med-mal market
– The kinds of med-mal claims physicians in Georgia can expect to see in the coming years
– What Georgia has done to protect physicians from COVID liability claims
– What physicians can expect to see when the COVID liability protections expire
– Plaintiffs’ and defendants’ strategies for dealing with COVID-19 cases
– Emerging risks for physicians
Dr. Billingham oversees MedPro’s Patient Safety and Risk Services team, he leads MedPro Group’s Healthcare Advisory Boards, and he supports MedPro’s clinical risk, claims, underwriting, and sales efforts. Board certified, Dr. Billingham has 30 years of experience as an emergency medicine physician. He speaks both nationally and internationally on medical malpractice and emerging risk. He has lectured in more than 300 CME courses on risk management, operations, documentation, patient safety, information technology, coding and billing, and malpractice prevention. Dr. Billingham has a degree from Stanford University, he attended medical school at UCLA Medical Center, and he completed his residency in emergency medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. He is a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine.
The MAG Insurance Agency sponsors the ‘Top Docs’ show. MAG and MedPro Group – the nation’s largest and highest-rated health care liability insurance carrier – offer an industry-leading medical malpractice solution for physicians in Georgia. Click here for details and to get a quote on a MedPro policy, keeping in mind that MAG members qualify for a MAG premium credit. Contact Ryan Larosa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.