New ‘Top Docs’ addresses alternative therapies for chronic pain
The latest edition of the Medical Association of Georgia’s (MAG) ‘Top Docs’ show addresses alternative therapies for chronic pain and the unique training that’s required to become a pain medicine specialist. It features MAG member Pickens “Trey” Patterson III, M.D., who is with Alliance Spine and Pain Centers – which has 20 treatment centers in the Atlanta and Augusta areas.
Dr. Patterson discusses…
– The role of pain management specialists
– What factors patients should consider when they select a pain specialist
– The unique challenges that pain specialists face
– The kinds of conditions pain specialists treat
– The treatment options that are available for patients with chronic pain
– Regenerative medicine, spinal cord stimulation, and minimally invasive surgical procedures
– Innovations in treatment options
– To what extent insurers cover pain management care
Board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine, Dr. Patterson has a medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia and he completed his residency in anesthesiology and his fellowship in pain medicine at Vanderbilt University.
Between downloads and live listeners, ‘Top Docs’ has now reached more than two million listeners and viewers – which includes people in all 50 states and more than 80 countries. MAG has won four awards for the show, including an American Association of Medical Society Executives Profiles of Excellence Award, an American Society of Association Executives Silver Award, and two Health Information Resource Center Digital Health Awards.
The MAG Insurance Agency sponsors the ‘Top Docs’ show. MAG and MedPro Group – the nation’s largest and highest-rated health care liability insurance carrier – offer an industry-leading medical malpractice solution for physicians in Georgia. Click here for details and to get a quote on a MedPro policy, keeping in mind that MAG members qualify for a MAG premium credit. Contact Ryan Larosa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The views of the guests who appear on ‘Top Docs’ are theirs and aren’t necessarily consistent with MAG’s policies or positions. Contact Tom Kornegay at email@example.com with questions about MAG’s ‘Top Docs’ show.