All About the NEW Indy Mini App
Virtual participants can run with their phone or Strava, and their mileage will be automatically added to our official results. The new Indy Mini app serves as a center for GPS tracking, race results, announcements, and real-time runner tracking.
Here's how to claim your account and complete your miles:
- Claim your profile – You will need to claim your profile in order to submit results through the app. Tomorrow, you will receive an email with instructions on how to claim your profile. You can also search for your name under the event you’re registered for and follow the instructions to claim your profile.*
*Can't seem to find your name? Don’t worry! It can take a few days for new virtual participants to show on the app.
- Explore the app – Under the “info” section in the app, you will find helpful tips from our partners, merchandise information, and more great tools! Keep checking back, as we will add new items regularly.
- Practice makes perfect – Test it out! You can take the app out on a practice run at any time before May 8 to help gauge your training, see the map, get familiar with the app, and more!
- Your Race Day, Your Way – Participants can complete and submit virtual #IndyMini or 5K mileage from May 8 - May 23. When you’re ready to complete your miles, just hit “go” and start your race! Along the way, you’ll receive split notifications and hear encouraging messages from our partners and special guests. Once you’ve hit 13.1 or 3.1 miles, your finish time will automatically upload to the overall results!
Real-Time Runner Tracking
One of the coolest features of the app is that your friends and family can see where you are along the route in real-time. Learn more about runner tracking below:
- Share your tracking link – To share your tracking link with friends and family, simply go to your account and click “share.” From there, you can text or email your link to friends and family! They’ll even receive notifications when you have passed certain miles.
- Track other participants – You can also track your friends and family who are completing the Virtual Indy Mini or 5K – ask them for their link or search for their name to add them to your tracker!
Not sure you want others to be able to track your miles? You can manage your privacy settings under your account. Your results will still show on the leaderboard.
See What Others are Saying:
“I really like the app. I like the encouragement after each mile, and the applause as you’re nearing the finish line is great! I also like that when you hit your mileage it stops. That makes it nice so I can keep running without having to stop the app myself.” – Monica R.
“In a world full of virtual races we have had to find ways to stay motivated. The new Indy Mini app really helps with that. It allows me to feel like I’m running a real race…There are cheers along the way and people encouraging you.” – April W.
"I’ll admit I didn’t want to use the app because it felt like one more thing when I already have a preferred app I use, but it was actually really great! The added motivation pieces definitely elevated it from a regular virtual race. I liked the mapping features too.” – Abby B.
Questions About the New Indy Mini App?