Operation Oswego County Launches Search for Economic Development Coordinator
Operation Oswego County, Inc. (OOC) is a not for profit economic development organization serving Oswego County since 1953. Operation Oswego County's mission is to establish and implement sound economic development strategies in order to enhance the economic vitality of Oswego County's businesses, industries and citizens leading to an overall better quality of life. OOC also provides staffing and technical support to the County of Oswego Industrial Development Agency (IDA) through a contractual agreement.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Economic Development Coordinator will assist the organization in its efforts to enhance the economic vitality of business and industry in Oswego County, NY. This full-time on-site employee will perform varied activities on a day to day basis, make frequent business and site visits, attend occasional meetings and events outside of normal business hours, work closely with other staff and external partners on projects and programs, and collaborate on other economic development or capital improvement programs or projects as assigned.
Economic Development Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- Assists with existing business outreach and new business recruitment efforts;
- Assists with site selection assistance and other technical support for economic development projects;
- Assists with the research and development of new economic development programs for business retention/expansion, business attraction, entrepreneurship, and site development;
- Assists with the necessary research regarding sites, buildings and industrial parks, including engineering studies, RFP responses and zoning related issues;
- Assists with coordinating maintenance and contractor activities at all OOC managed buildings, sites and industrial parks;
- Assists with maintaining an online inventory of available sites and building;
- Assists with development of marketing content for OOC managed properties and other strategic development sites;
- Developing reports for projects and programs for internal and external use;
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including the commercial real estate community, local, regional, state and federal economic development partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with financial/statistical modeling and analysis;
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) programs;
- Strong proficiency with MS Office product;
- Understanding of economic development incentive best practice;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; must be comfortable addressing and engaging with diverse stakeholders at various levels across different mediums;
- Proactive approach and attitude that can handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines;
- High level of integrity, dependability, and accountability;
- Comfortable working independently, and as part of a team;
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation;
- Ability to pass a federal background check;
- Grant writing and/or technical writing experience is preferred;
- Knowledge of building systems and property management is preferred;
- Third party contract negotiation experience is preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in economic development, urban & regional planning, economics, business administration, public administration, or a related field;
- A minimum of three years of increasingly responsible experience in economic development, planning, community development, real estate development, or public administration work.
$55,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience plus competitive benefits package.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com by February 15th. There will be a two phase interview process and a hiring decision is anticipated to be made by March 15th barring any unforeseen circumstances. The search remains open until the position is filled.