Sacramento State is committed to maintaining a safe campus for all members of the University community. No one deserves to be victimized in any way; crimes are 100 percent the responsibility of the perpetrator. With this in mind, Sacramento State suggests the following tips for keeping our community safe and reducing personal risk.
• Be an active bystander. If you see something that doesn’t seem right, intervene if you can do so safely, and report the incident to campus authorities.
• Walk in groups or pairs when you are out at night. Consider carrying a flashlight, whistle, pepper spray, and/or cell phone when you go out.
• Program the Sacramento State Police Department’s dispatch number, (916) 278-6000, into your phone.
• Learn the location of the nearest emergency “blue” phones on your walking routes through the campus.
• Always be aware of your surroundings, and always know where you are.
• Watch for suspicious people or vehicles, and go to a place of safety if approached by a suspicious person or vehicle.